1 in 5 people will be affected by mental illness in their lifetime.
During the month of May NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, will launch the WhyCare? awareness campaign for Mental Health Month. The campaign emphasizes how the “power of caring” can make a life-changing impact on the more than 40 million people in the U.S. who face the day-to-day reality of having a mental health condition. The campaign is focused on increasing education, resources, and access to care.
Mental Health Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Health) Helpline: 800-950-6264 or text 741741
- NC Hopeline: 919-231-4525
- Wake County Mental Health Crisis line: 800-510-9132
- Vets for Warriors: 855-838-8255
- Interact Domestic Violence of Wake County: 866-291-0855