Below are links to some of the sites and documents that we find helpful in assisting you in making good choices for your health and well being. Just click on the links below for more information.
Corona Virus Information:
Seasonal Health Topics:
Mental Health Links:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273- 8255
- Interact Domestic Violence of Wake County 866-291-0855
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings 877-590-6262
- Wake County Mental Health Crisis Services 800-510-9132
- National Alliance on Mental Illness 800-950-6264
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Treatment Locator (SAMSHA)
- UNC Eating Disorders Clinic
- Eating Disorder Treatment Providers in NC
- Eastern NC Alzheimer's Association
Stop Unhealthy Alcohol Use NOW Resources:
Apps for Health:
- My Fitness Pal - Free app that lets you log activity and food intake and syncs up with activity trackers and fitness gadgets like Fitbit, Jawbone UP and Runtastic.
- Healow - free app that allows you to access your medical records on your mobile devices.
- SmokeFree Apps - free apps for your phone that can help when you quit smoking.
- WebMD Allergy Apps - Free app with local pollen counts and tips to beat allergy symptoms.
- MediSafe Medication Reminder (Android) or Medisafe Medication Reminder (Apple) - free apps for your phone that help remind you to take medications.
- This is Quitting (Apple) or This is Quitting (Android) - free app to help when stopping nicotine use.
Information for Parents:
General Medical Information:
Community Health Services:
- GoodRx discount medications
- Wake County Mammogram Facilities
- Wake County Network of Care
- City of Raleigh Parks Department Adult Programs
- Senior & Adult Services - Wake County Health Department
- Resources for Seniors
- Senior Community Care
- Guiding Lights Caregiver Support Center
- Family Caregiver Alliance - North Carolina Resources
- Urgent Cares
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program (cancer screening for uninsured from NC DPH)
Heart Health & Hypertension:
- DASH Diet for Blood Pressure Control
- Blood Pressure Log
- Million Hearts - Recipes for a Heart Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Eating - Vegetables, Fruits & Grains
- Healthy Eating - Meat, Fish, Dairy & Eggs
- Healthy Eating - Nuts, Oils & Dressings
- Healthy Eating - Drinks, Snacks, Desserts, Eating Out
- American Heart Association
- Mediterranean Diet
- Mediterranean Diet 101: Meal Plan & Beginner's Guide
- Eat Right.org
- Choose My Plate.gov
- Choosing a Safe & Effective Weight Loss Method
- Keep Active & Eat Healthy to Feel Better
- Eat Better on a Budget
- Good Food on a Tight Budget
- Healthy You Texts - free mobile text messaging service designed to support healthy lifestyle choices