Below are links to some of the sites and documents that we find helpful in assisting you in making good choices for your health and well being. Just click on the links below for more information.
Corona Virus Information:
Seasonal Health Topics:
Mental Health Links:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273- 8255
- Interact Domestic Violence of Wake County 866-291-0855
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings Wake County (919) 783-6144
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings 877-590-6262
- Wake County Mental Health Crisis Services 800-510-9132
- National Alliance on Mental Illness 800-950-6264
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Treatment Locator (SAMSHA)
- UNC Eating Disorders Clinic
- Eating Disorder Treatment Providers in NC
- Eastern NC Alzheimer's Association
Apps for Health:
- My Fitness Pal - Free app that lets you log activity and food intake and syncs up with activity trackers and fitness gadgets like Fitbit, Jawbone UP and Runtastic.
- Healow - free app that allows you to access your medical records on your mobile devices.
- SmokeFree Apps - free apps for your phone that can help when you quit smoking.
- WebMD Allergy Apps - Free app with local pollen counts and tips to beat allergy symptoms.
- MediSafe Medication Reminder (Android) or Medisafe Medication Reminder (Apple) - free apps for your phone that help remind you to take medications.
- This is Quitting (Apple) or This is Quitting (Android) - free app to help when stopping nicotine use.
Information for Parents:
Tobacco Use/Smoking Cessation:
General Medical Information:
Community Health Services:
- GoodRx discount medications
- Wake County Mammogram Facilities
- Wake County Network of Care
- City of Raleigh Parks Department Adult Programs
- Senior & Adult Services - Wake County Health Department
- Resources for Seniors
- Guiding Lights Caregiver Support Center
- Family Caregiver Alliance - North Carolina Resources
- Urgent Cares
Heart Health & Hypertension:
- American Heart Association
- DASH Diet for Blood Pressure Control
- Blood Pressure Log
- Million Hearts - Recipes for a Heart Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Eating - Vegetables, Fruits & Grains
- Healthy Eating - Meat, Fish, Dairy & Eggs
- Healthy Eating - Nuts, Oils & Dressings
- Healthy Eating - Drinks, Snacks, Desserts, Eating Out
- Eat Right.org
- Choose My Plate.gov
- Mediterranean Diet
- Mediterranean Diet 101: Meal Plan & Beginner's Guide
- Choosing a Safe & Effective Weight Loss Method
- Keep Active & Eat Healthy to Feel Better
- Eat Better on a Budget
- Good Food on a Tight Budget
- Healthy You Texts - free mobile text messaging service designed to support healthy lifestyle choices