Below are links to some of the sites and documents that we find helpful in assisting you in making good choices for your health and well being. Just click on the links below for more information.
Seasonal Health Topics:
General Medical Information:
Behavioral Health Links:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273- 8255
- Interact Domestic Violence of Wake County 866-291-0855
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings Wake County (919) 783-6144
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings 877-590-6262
- Wake County Mental Health Crisis Services 800-510-9132
- UNC Eating Disorders Clinic
- Eating Disorder Treatment Providers in NC
- Eastern NC Alzheimer's Association
Apps for Health:
- My Fitness Pal - Free app that lets you log activity and food intake and syncs up with activity trackers and fitness gadgets like Fitbit, Jawbone UP and Runtastic.
- Healow - free app that allows you to access your medical records on your mobile devices.
- SmokeFree Apps - free apps for your phone that can help when you quit smoking.
- WebMD Allergy Apps - Free app with local pollen counts and tips to beat allergy symptoms.
- MediSafe Medication Reminder (Android) or Medisafe Medication Reminder (Apple) - free apps for your phone that help remind you to take medications.
Community Health Services:
Heart Health & Hypertension:
- American Heart Association
- DASH Diet for Blood Pressure Control
- Blood Pressure Log
- Million Hearts - Recipes for a Heart Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Eating - Vegetables, Fruits & Grains
- Healthy Eating - Meat, Fish, Dairy & Eggs
- Healthy Eating - Nuts, Oils & Dressings
- Healthy Eating - Drinks, Snacks, Desserts, Eating Out